As our Autumn term draws to a close, I would like to update you on the closing dates and times, as well as important dates for the Spring term.
The arrangements for the last day are that pupils will be dismissed on 20th December 2018 at 12 noon from school. Therefore, we request that parents make appropriate arrangements for pupils to travel home. If there are any issues with these arrangements, please do contact your child’s head of year and discuss this with them. If your child receives Free School Meals, a grab bag will be available for them to take with them.
The upcoming term is an exciting, jam-packed one. The following dates are the upcoming ones in the next term.
- 8th January 2019- ALL students return to school for an 8:30am start
- 14th January 2019- Year Eleven Parents Evening
- 18th-20th January 2019 – Year Eleven Revision Residential
- 15th February 2019- Break for half-term
- 25th February 2019 – Return after half-term break
- 25th March 2019- Year Seven Parents Evening
- 5th April 2019- Rewards Trip
- 5th April 2019- Close for Easter holidays
As an ever-growing and developing school, it is only natural that our body of staff changes as we evolve. Therefore, the following new appointments have been made, with some slight changes made to our Pastoral Structure:
- Head of Pastoral and Head of Year Nine- Mr M Nicolson
- Lead Practitioner and Head of Year 10 – Miss B Walmsley
- Head of Year Eleven- Miss Cross-Costello
- Head of Year Eight- Mr S Bradley-Green
- Head of Year Seven and Transition- Mrs E Shaw
- Head of Creative Arts- Mrs D Ormesher
- Literacy Co-ordinator- Miss V Yates
- PP Co-ordinator- Miss A Israr
- NQT Co-ordinator- Mr J Williams
It is with sadness we say goodbye to our Head of Creative Arts, Mr Jeal, who is moving on to pastures new. We also say goodbye to Miss Pendlebury, our Head of Maths and Mrs Bentley, our Head of Curriculum.
The staff at Burnley High School wish you a restful festive period and look forward to welcoming your child back in the New Year.
Miss V Povey, Executive Headteacher
Mr P Walmsley, Headteacher