Lead Practitioner – Maths
Closing Date: 23rd October 2017, to interview 25th October 2017 (in line with national resignation date of 31st October 2017)
Salary: L1 – L4 (dependent on experience)
Contract type: Full time
Contract Term: Permanent
Accountable to: Head Teacher
What we are looking for:
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Lead Practitioner of Maths who will work closely with the maths team and the Assistant Headteacher for Teaching and Learning to drive and support our pupils in achieving their potential.
Key to this role will be a passion for leading, modelling and promoting excellence in Maths and contributing to whole school development.
Who we are:
A unique and inspirational new school where our ethos underpins all we do. We are an oversubscribed new school with year 7 – 10 with future growth and development opportunities. At Easter 2017 we moved in to our new state of the art building which is well placed for easy commute and motorway access.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to lead on teaching and learning and other developments across the Trust
- An opportunity to lead change and develop creativity in teaching and learning
- Support from an enthusiastic Leadership Team who are passionate about serving the community and improving outcomes for all students.
- An opportunity to make a difference in a school with a strong ethos of Love, Grace and Fellowship
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject area, raising standards of achievement
- Be an excellent classroom teacher who can inspire and excite students about their learning in all aspect of Maths
- Contribute to an engaging learning atmosphere within the department for both students and staff
- Be confident in using and interpreting data tracking
- Undertake a whole school remit with the direction of the Senior Team
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful candidate will undergo an enhanced DBS and Barred List Check.